WorldWide Machining & Welding Inc., has developed a renewable style Pipeline Skid called the Aluma Skid
The Aluma Skid was designed to offer an engineered mechanical product to support Loaded or Live Lines giving the user a better margin for safety over current wood skids that are not engineered and inconsistent in structural integrity. Air Bags, are bulky, hard to handle, and depend on a maintained volume of Air that can change in a Cold or High Heat Environment. The Aluma Skid offers additional benefits where going Green, Fire Hazards, and Long Term Cost Savings are a factor.
AL-SKD-2 – Anti Skid and Fire Resistant Coating on 4 Sides
- Truly Green and Totally Renewable, Simply turn in for recycling if permanently damaged. (Current wood skids are thrown away going to a Landfill or Burned releasing CO2 Emissions.)
- Fire Retardant coating good to 250F with No VOC’s
- Fire Retardant base material that is good to 400F+ working temp
- Coating is resistant to most acids, alkaline, solvents, grease, oil, detergents, alcohol, gasoline, jet fuels, and other hydraulic fluids. (Wood Skids will absorb flammable substances listed that are common on a Pipeline making them more prone to flammability.)
- Longer Life as the Aluma Skid is not prone to Dry Rot, Insects, or water log. (Wood Skids have a limited life span)
- Engineered product designed and backed by an FEA Study.
- Consistent Structural Integrity, (Wood Skids are inconsistent due to grain structure, knots, warpage, dry rot, insects and water damage)
- Aluma Skids can be returned to the manufacturer for reapplication of Coating, for a fraction of the cost of a new unit.
- Safety Yellow that is easily identifiable (No more tripping over unseen skids that blend into the surroundings.)
- Built in Hand Holds
- Manufactured from 6061 T-6 Aluminum
- Light weight design 30lbs per unit. (Wood Skids vary in weight from 30lbs to 50lbs depending on moisture content)
- Dimensions: 4” High x 6” Wide x 48” Long