Current OpeningsView all current openings
Department: Machine Shop
Job Type: Full-time
WorldWide Machining & Welding, Inc. is a full-service Welding and Machine Shop which specializes in custom and specialty fabrication located just across the bridge from what was voted America’s 2014 #1 Best Place to Live – Duluth, MN. (Check-it-out here: http://www.outsideonline.com/1928016/16-best-places-live-us-2014)
We are an established, yet growing company, in need of an experienced machinist in order to meet our customers’ growing needs. We are looking to find someone who is self-motivated and ready and able to perform a variety of work for a multitude of residential, industrial, and manufacturing clientele. For more information, please visit www.wwmwinc.com
General Requirements: Minimum of 3 years (preferred) combined machining experience in the following areas:
– Working Job Shop Experience. * Please provide a complete and detailed list of job shop machinery in which you have operating experience along with a description of work performed.
– Experienced ability to setup and operate Manual and CNC lathes, Horizontal Boring Machines and Universal Mills. (Manual Welding experience considered a plus.)
– Ability to read blue prints (Competency Test may be administered during interview)
– Enjoy working independently and/or with a team.
– Must have the ability to think outside the box in order to problem-solve on a day-to-day basis.
– Any and All Eligible Applicants Absolutely MUST be Detail-Oriented.
– Must be able to pass random drug tests.
– Must be willing to work occasional overtime, as required.
– Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
– Ability to stand for entire length of shift. (Currently 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.)
– Ability to walk up and down stairs frequently.
– Bending, reaching, climbing on step stool.
– Visual acuity sufficient to see and distinguish machines / tools and operate machines and tools.
Environmental Working Conditions:
– Majority of time spent in a shop setting where temperature can be warmer or colder, (subject to climate fluctuations).
– May also be exposed to outdoor environment subject to climate fluctuations.
*** We offer Competitive Hourly Wages, Simple IRA (matching contribution up to 3%) and 100% Employer-Paid Health, Dental, & Vision Insurance, 70% Employer-Paid Dependent Health, Dental & Vision Insurance, 100% Employer-Paid Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, and Life Insurance, upon satisfactory completion of a 90-day probationary period for Full-Time Employees.
If you have these qualifications and your work ethic matches our values, please reply with your resume along with your cover letter telling us about yourself.
Job Application Link: https://jobapps.hrdirectapps.com/applicantform/D6314084626/0
You may also stop by the office Monday thru Friday from 7:00 A.M. — 3:30 P.M.
Our philosophy at WorldWide Machining & Welding, Inc. is to treat our employees with respect and motivation.
*Nothing in this job description restricts the management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities on this job at any time.
WorldWide Machining and Welding, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) prohibits discrimination by employers, in compensation and employment opportunities, against qualified individuals with disabilities who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the “essential functions” of a job. A function may be essential for any of several reasons, including: the job exists to perform that function, the employee holding the job was hired for his/her expertise in performing the function, or only a limited number of employees are available to perform that function.