Current OpeningsView all current openings
Delivery Driver & Shipping/Receiving Clerk
Job Type: Full-time
This Full-time position works Monday through Friday.
WorldWide Machining & Welding offers a wonderful comprehensive benefit package that includes: Employer paid employee Medical, Dental, STD & Life Insurance. 3% matching contribution in a SIMPLE IRA program, PTO and PAID Holidays.
This position will transport finished goods and materials to and from a variety of customers and vendors primarily in Minnesota and Wisconsin areas. This position will prepare goods to be shipped with the necessary documentation. As goods and material are shipped and received, this position will need to verify orders and records to maintain accurate inventory levels.
Delivery Driver & Shipping/Receiving Clerk’s Essential Functions include:
- Transport finished goods and materials to and from customers and vendors in a safe and timely manner.
- Inspect vehicles for safety issues.
- Plan routes and meet delivery schedules.
- In accordance with DOT regulation, document and log work/rest periods and comply with truck driving rules and regulations as well and company policies and procedures.
- Load and unload trucks manually or with equipment ensuring products are placed in the proper storage areas to maintain accurate inventory levels.
- Review orders to check for damaged goods and verify the quantity and quality of the order.
- Wrap packages or retrieve supplies or products to prepare for shipping.
- Verifies the appropriate paperwork is prepared or received when delivering or picking-up products or materials
- Maintain inventory levels by verifying the paperwork and records on both outgoing and incoming shipments
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Valid Class A CDL
- At least three years of proven work experience as a delivery driver.
- Knowledge of applicable DOT truck driving rules and regulations
- No recent or moving or driving violations.
Skills and Abilities:
- Effective and professional communication skills, with strong customer service skills.
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems by using logic to identify key facts, explore alternatives, and propose quality solutions
- Ability to plan routes and adapt quickly to handle unexpected situations (traffic, weather, etc.) to maintain timely deliveries.
- Ability to drive long hours and travel as needed.
- Ability to be flexible.
- Ability to pay attention to detail.
Drug and alcohol testing are part of the qualification requirements due to the safety sensitivity of the company.
If you have these qualifications, please reply with your resume along with your cover letter telling us about yourself.
WorldWide Machining and Welding, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) prohibits discrimination by employers, in compensation and employment opportunities, against qualified individuals with disabilities who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the “essential functions” of a job. A function may be essential for any of several reasons, including: the job exists to perform that function, the employee holding the job was hired for his/her expertise in performing the function or only a limited number of employees are available to perform that function.